Skip to main content

On My Way To The Washroom..

 


"Things get easier for parents as children grow older" - A debatable statement, I would say. But I can at least guarantee that things like relieving one's self, as and when one wishes, definitely gets easier! Well, let me explain this with an eight year old tale... 



With two chirpy toddlers in the house, I have manipulated my body to send me to pee at strategic time slots. It still takes a lot of heart to leave them without an adult around for two whole minutes. But when my boastful master minding of self scheduled pee visits fail me, that walk to the washroom and back is no less than playing kabaddi! Interested in details?

 The toddlers broke over a fight for a couple of dolls. (Mind you, same colour, same size and same date of purchase from the same shop at the same time. Can someone please throw light on the non existent reason of that fight?) I somehow managed to make them call a truce. Unlike every other day, I had to pee at this time of the afternoon (Blame the extra glass of buttermilk during lunch!)

I started heading in the right direction, only to notice the microwave switched on. God alone could imagine the kind of things that could go inside and get 'cooked' in those two minutes. I switched it off and unplugged.

While I was unplugging it, I stepped over a pool of water with a mysterious origin. No time to investigate though. I got the mop to wipe it off before any little person decided to take a random sprint.

While I put the mop back, I found a little chair strategically placed in the balcony to catch a glimpse of that barking stray dog (The event had a random occurrence. So the ones below 2.5 feet always had to be prepared!). I pulled it and banged the balcony door. My voluntary control was only being pushed every single second.

Butwhat was that noise? Older toddler saw a moth entering from the window. On other days, she is Princess Merida of the movie Brave. That day she had to act like Courage, The Cowardly Dog. Her screams had no bounds. Younger one was not scared of the moth but she was scared of big sister's howls. So I marched to drive the innocent creature away. I was almost about to forget the reason why I had got up from the sofa in the first place.

Demonetisation has affected even those without black money. Hey, hold on. I am still talking about that fateful afternoon when I was holding my pee till eternity. The gas cylinder finally made its appearance after two weeks of booking. The guy wanted cash only. I dug out every hidden purse of mine to find those seven 100s to pay him off.

Just as I was closing the door, hubby appeared out of nowhere. He was home to collect some documents. Well, I saw an angel sent by God (Could be an illusion but I saw a halo around him!). Normally, I love him on other days too. Today, I loved him even more. He might have been expecting my pleasantly surprised face. But I sprinted instead, without a courteous 'Hi'/conversation/enquiry/notice/explanation etc. His thought was quickly taken over by the girl's merriment of unusually seeing him home at this time of the day.

I could sense him staring at that move of mine curiously though. But I was back in two minutes straight.

"Hey, what happened?", the guy had no clue!

"I wanted to pee. The entire universe was conspiring against it. But I really wanted to go without any unexplained mini mishaps while I was gone. So the universe changed its mind and sent you", I winked at him.

He chuckled, "Did I miss something? What happened?" 

He is now used to my exaggerations of little things after a decade.

With no intention to elaborate, I simply said, "Forget it. Anyway, no one else is ever going to believe that I had so many engagements on my way to the washroom!"

Pic Courtesy : <a href='https://pngtree.com/freepng/a-happy-laughing-woman_4551171.html'>png image from pngtree.com/</a>

Comments

  1. Funny😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Saturday Morning Conversation

  I do not  disagree with people who say that we must try our best to engage in conversations with our toddler kids.  But let me give you a disclaimer : Sometimes, while doing that, you might find yourself at the far edge of sanity! ONE SATURDAY MORNING... I was running a list in my mind of things to be done that weekend. Me : "Shall we book the flights tickets for December now?" Hubby : "Yes. When should we go?" Me : "Uh, I think..." J : "Anita stays in Rainbow Towers!" This out of the blue ‘interesting’ fact was not of any relevance at that moment. Still, both of us acknowledged it with a halfhearted smile. Apparently, that was not enough. J : "Papaaaaa! I said that my friend, Anita, stays in Rainbow Towers!" Hubby : "Uh, okay. I did not know that." (With an expression saying ‘what did I miss’!) Me ( gesturing him to attend to his oldest girl first !) : "I think 24th should be good. Their holidays begin then. Che

The Cola War Is Not Over Yet!

  Being a mother lets you try on different roles - teacher, BFF, confidante.... but also, clown, detective, commando...   I was outnumbered. One is to two. I could not match the agility of the opposing camp troops. Nonetheless, I was physically more powerful. Still, I could not afford to lower my guard around the two large cola drink bottles bought for the evening’s get together. A raid on my refrigerator, where they were stored, was imminent. I could analyse that from the sporadic giggling sounds. And hence I asked hubby to help patrol the area as I prepared dinner in the kitchen. This resource could not be trusted completely though, given the heavy influence of the opposing troops on his emotions. But I gave him a benefit of doubt. On and off, they kept approaching with their headstrong demand of first having a glass full of cola which gradually scaled down to a request for a sip. But negotiating on certain things was out of question, including this one. So, they retreated to their b